New Water Main Installation
Tri-County Water in conjunction with Jackson County Water District No. 1 has contracted with Kissick Construction Company to install a new water main. The last segment of water main to be installed in Grandview will go from:
- the water storage/pumping facility on the south side of Harry Truman Drive at Byars Road
- west to the east outer road
- crosses to the north side of Harry Truman Drive to near East 125th Street
- west under the interstate
- crosses back over to the south side of Harry Truman Drive east of Fire Station No. 3
- then to the south side of Blue Ridge to Prospect
- south on Prospect and end at the Robinson Pike Pump Station and Storage Facility.
The contractor is currently clearing trees that are in the path of the future waterline along Harry Truman Drive within City right of way. The pipe will be pushed under the roadways wherever possible so that traffic is minimally impacted. The project should be complete in December.