JAMES N. CRAIN
13213 Corrington Avenue
Current 2-Year Term Expires April, 2018
Alderman Crain is a Kansas City native and a resident of Grandview for over fifty years. He is a Vietnam veteran and served as a U.S. Army infantry officer. Mr. Crain has a BA in Sociology and Psychology from William Jewell College and a MBA in Accounting and Organizational Behaviors from UMKC. He retired from Hallmark Cards in 2004 after 34 years of service. Jim is widowed and has two daughters, two grandsons and three granddaughters.
- First elected April 1, 1980
- Active member of the Parks & Recreation Commission since 1980
- Active participant in municipal organizations such as the Missouri Municipal League and National League of Cities. Past officer of the West Gate Division of the Municipal League. Member of the NLC Policy Committee for 24 years and Steering Committee for 19 years.
- Past and current ad hoc committees: Truman Corners/Commercial Revitalization Committee, Occupational License Study Committee, Advisory Council to Board of Education, Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee, S.T.O.P. Committee, Storm Drainage Committee, Data Processing Committee, Highgrove Road Selection Committee, Prosecutor Selection Committee, Signage & Architectural Review Committee, Member of TIS Steering Committee for 19 years.
- Other organizations: Grandview Youth Court Treasurer and Board member (18 years), Richards-Gebaur Base Community Council (18 years); Disabled American Veterans and V.F.W.
- Member of Community Center Steering Committee and Skate Park Committee.