JOHN T. MALONEY
6009 E. 150th Street
Grandview, Mo 64030
Elected to Alderman, Ward 3 on 04/05/2011
Current 2-Year Term Expires April, 2019
Alderman John Maloney is a lifelong resident of Grandview, Missouri. After graduating from Grandview Senior High in 2004, John went on to earn his Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from College of the Ozarks: one of five work colleges in the country.
In 2007, while attending College of the Ozarks, John was chosen from thousands of applicants, for a United States Department of State internship position in the Foreign and Political Affairs Office at the U.S. Embassy in Berlin, Germany. This experience in Germany gave him the insight to combine his passion for civic duty and government service and run for public office.
As a non-profit professional, John worked three years in Workforce Development for Catholic Charities of Kansas City-St. Joseph helping men and women returning from incarceration find gainful and meaningful employment. Currently, he works as a Donor Relations Manager for United Way of Greater Kansas City and responsible for $1.2 million in fundraising for local service agencies.
Alderman Maloney’s family installed the importance of volunteering and serving others and now dedicates much of his free time to many local non-profits and civic organizations. When John is not working or volunteering he is an avid outdoorsman who enjoys hunting, fishing, and camping across the state with his family and friends.
- Planning Commission Member 2010 (By Mayoral Appointment)
- First elected 2011, re-elected 2013
- Board Liaison: Historical Preservation and Planning Commission
- Missouri Municipal League, West Gate Division: President 2016, VP 2015, Secretary 2014
- President of the Board of Alderman 2015
- Active member of the Ancient Order of Hibernians, Knights of Columbus, Grandview Lions Club, Boy Scouts of America (Eagle Scout 2001), People to People International, Young Leaders Society, Grandview Historical Society, Grandview Education Foundation, and Grandview Chamber of Commerce.
- Board of Director Member for Grandview Youth Court