Grandview’s big opportunity, honoring 35 years of service with the City, and a plan for the future. It’s all in the April edition of the Monthly Report.

Records Unit and Forms

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Linda LeachThe Grandview Police Department's Records Unit is under the supervision of Linda Leach and is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Services provided by the Records Unit are:

            • police reports 
            • traffic crash reports (available online)
            • fingerprints 
            • liquor work permits 
            • security guard permits 
            • solicitor permits 
            • alarm system registration

Persons wishing to obtain fingerprinting services should arrive prior to 3:30 p.m. and are dependent upon the availability of a Detention Officer. Persons needing to obtain a liquor work permit must arrive prior to 3:30 p.m. to allow time for processing.

As a result of changes to the Kansas City area shared computer system, metro area criminal history checks are no longer available. It will be necessary to contact each city for any records on file. For Grandview, please contact the Municipal Court for conviction information (816-316-4837).

Fees for Services 



$ 5 if under 10 pages (Include SASE with requests)
  $0.10     10 or more pages, each page

research fee per hour (required for reports filed prior to 2000 and for

requests requiring extensive time to fulfill)    




Contact Grandview Municipal Court for local conviction information.
Fingerprints $ 5 for a single card (Must live or work in Grandview and provide proof)




$ 10 annually/Grandview businesses only ***




$ 50 Business owners
$ 15 per security guard annually ***



$ 15 non-refundable application fee ***
  $ 10 maximum of $25.00 for up to 1 week
  $ 30 8 - 31 days
  $ 50 32 - 180 days

181 days up to 1 year

   $0 Charitable, private solicitations (must still obtain permit) 




$10 One-time fee






Each calendar year
  4-6 $50 each
  7-9 $75 each

$100 each, plus response by police may be suspended until alarm

system is brought into compliance (proof required) 

Photos     $10 Provided in CD format only; written request required
Video         $40 Provided in DVD format only; written request required                        


POLICE REPORTS: Reports are generally available 7 to 10 business days after the original report is filed.

TRAFFIC CRASH REPORTS: In an effort to provide citizens and insurance companies with the ability to obtain accurate and affordable crash reports as quickly as possible, our crash reports are now available for purchase online. All online requests for crash reports can be made at BuyCrash.Com.

BuyCrash.Com charges a nominal convenience fee for this service which is added to the cost of the report. Involved parties that do not wish to pay the convenience fee can still come to the police station and pay only the cost of the report.

All questions related to BuyCrash.Com can be answered by visiting their website and clicking the Contact Us link.

SECURITY GUARD PERMITS: No guards are issued permits until the business has been approved.

SOLICITOR PERMITS: A description of items sold must be provided. An investigation of each person soliciting will be conducted and expired permits must be returned within 7 days of the expiration date.

LIQUOR WORK PERMITS: Persons younger than 18 years of age desiring to work in an establishment where liquor is sold must bring a parent/guardian with them or provide a signed, notarized letter stating permission is granted for the minor to work in an environment where alcohol is sold. An Intent to Hire statement on letterhead from the employer is required on all liquor work permits. Permits will not be issued to any person having active warrants until such warrants are satisfied.

Valid identification (e.g. State I.D., Driver's License, Passport, Military I.D.) is required for all transactions. Call for further instruction if you do not have any of these forms of identification.

For more information, please contact the Records Unit at 816.316.4900 Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Written requests for police reports should be mailed to: Grandview Police, 1200 Main St., Grandview MO 64030.