The City of Grandview’s employees are its most important resource. Our success depends on the capable people who bring their skills and experience to our organization. Grandview offers a variety of rewarding careers with great benefit packages to full-time, regular employees including medical, dental, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and discounted Community Center Membership.
Grandview, MO is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. EOE. Visit this page frequently to see our list of advertised vacancies and find the information you need to become a successful applicant.
Apply via desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile device here, or if you have Adobe software, fill out this form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Firefighter / Paramedic
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$42,888 annually
- Posted Date:09/11/2019 4:51 PM
Grandview, Missouri is a first tier suburb in the KCMO metropolitan area with a population of 25,000. Grandview Fire Department is a cutting-edge department of 47 full-time employees performing the challenging work of emergency medical care, fire suppression, fire prevention and rescue. The fire department operates a 24/48 hour shift schedule. The department operates one ALS pumper, one ALS ladder truck and two fully staffed ALS ambulances from three stations.
- Responds to emergency situations and incidents to suppress fires, affect rescues/extractions, participate in searches, mitigate hazardous materials and perform other duties as assigned and capable.
- Operates fire fighting tools, aerial equipment, emergency medical equipment, extrication and rescue equipment and a variety of related tools and vehicles.
- Provides basic life support and emergency medical care.
- Participates in on-going technical and physical training to maintain certifications.
- Cleans and performs routine maintenance and minor repairs to department facilities.
- Participates in fire prevention and safety education/promotional events. Conducts station tours and gives presentations and demonstrates the use of fire suppression and safety equipment.
- Assists in documenting incident and provides incident information to appropriate agencies and supervisor.
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Firefighter I & II, Hazmat Awareness, and Hazmat Operations
- Current CPAT (within one year prior to application date
- Missouri or Nationally Registered Paramedic and advanced life support certifications (ACLS, PALS, ITLS)
- Vocational/technical training in firefighting and emergency medical treatment with two years of fire fighting and paramedic experience or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Passing Fire Service Entrance Exam score (within one year prior to application date)
Paramedic Starting Pay: $42,888.
In addition to base pay, Firefighters are paid 240 hours of Holiday Pay and offered a complete benefit package.
Benefit package includes health, dental, vision and life insurance; Missouri LAGERs Pension; Nationwide Retirement; discounted fitness membership to a state-of- the-art community center, tuition assistance program and employee wellness program.
Apply online or submit cover letter, resume, salary requirements and copy of certifications to one of the following:
- Fax (816) 316.4988
- Apply in Person:Grandview City Hall, 1200 Main Street, Grandview, MO 64030
OPEN UNTIL FILLED