The City of Grandview’s employees are its most important resource. Our success depends on the capable people who bring their skills and experience to our organization. Grandview offers a variety of rewarding careers with great benefit packages to full-time, regular employees including medical, dental, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and discounted Community Center Membership.
Grandview, MO is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. EOE. Visit this page frequently to see our list of advertised vacancies and find the information you need to become a successful applicant.
Apply via desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile device here, or if you have Adobe software, fill out this form and email to email@example.com.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$19.94 - $22.00
- Posted Date:10/29/2019 10:06 AM
The purpose of this position is to conduct inspections on building for compliance with zoning ordinances, building codes and approved construction plans; issue electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits; initiate and administer code violation cases that deal with minimum building codes and dangerous buildings.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Inspects commercial, industrial and residential construction for compliance with approved construction plans and applicable codes and ordinances. Conducts follow-up inspections for violations.
- Issues certificates of occupancy.
- Issues building, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, sign and banner permits.
- Provides information to property owners, contractors, construction trades and others regarding correcting code violations, code requirements and zoning ordinance.
- Completes inspection reports; issues stop work orders and violation citations. Maintains inspection files and forms.
- Initiates court cases for violations and testifies in court as required.
- Associate degree in building trades with three to five years construction management or supervisory experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must be proficient in utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, and data base software programs.
- Must have strong writing and oral skills plus the ability to interact positively with a diverse population.
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license and building inspection certifications required.
- Possession of applicable Residential Inspection, Commercial Inspection, and Plan Review Certifications from the International Code Council (ICC) required, or successful completion of missing certifications within 6 months from date of hire.The City of Grandview will assist with attaining certifications for the selected candidate, if required.
$19.94 - $22.00 per hour based on qualifications
- Complete an online application at www.grandview.org
- Send cover letter and resume to one of the following (please note position title applying for):
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 816-316-4988
- Or Apply in Person at City Hall: 1200 Main, Grandview, MO 64030
OPEN UNTIL FILLED