City Hall Parking Lot and Driveway Construction
Grandview City Hall parking lot is getting a much needed overhaul to repair damage, as well as make it more pedestrian-friendly.
The existing driveway to the Municipal Services Building, and the red and grey decorative concrete area surrounding the fountain are in disrepair. This project will remove and replace the affected concrete, but also include a striped crosswalk area from the parking lot and the building entrance; something the parking lot is currently lacking.
Construction will begin on Monday, September 9, 2019. Work is expected to take about six weeks-- weather permitting-- through October 18, 2019.Part of the City Hall parking lot will be closed for repairs, so fewer parking spaces will be available to staff and the public. Please note the following when planning a visit to Grandview City Hall, Licensing Office (MO DMV), Grandview Police Department, or Grandview Municipal Court Monday, September 9 through Friday, October 18:
- CITY HALL ACCESS for drivers to City Hall/Municipal Services Building parking lot will be available only to and from 13th Street.
- CONTRACTOR SET-UP begins Sunday September, 8. Equipment will be located in the southern most row of the parking lot (current ADA and KCP&L charging station spots).
- KCP&L charging stations will not be available during construction. Charging stations are available at The View in the east parking lot at 13500 Byars Road.
- ADA ACCESSIBLE PARKING has been temporarily relocated to Main Street in front of City Hall/Municipal Services Building. These spots will be marked and signed. Pedestrian and ADA access will still be available to/from the front door of the building.
- ON-STREET PARKING on Main Street in front of Lions Club will be unavailable due to construction signing and contractor equipment site access requirements.
The Board of Aldermen approved the repairs at a session on Tuesday, August 27. The project is expected to cost $148,175.00 and funding will come from the Capital Improvement Sales Tax.