Obtain Licenses/Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Finance Office issues Occupational (business) Licenses. To get an application, click here. Occupational License Information can be found in Chapter 13 of the Grandview Code of Laws. For more information on Occupational (business) Licenses, call (816) 316-4844.

The City Clerk’s Office issues liquor, cigarette, massage therapy and taxi/limo licenses. Information regarding liquor licenses can be found in Chapter 3, massage therapy in Chapter 13A, cigarette in Chapter 10, and taxi/limo in Chapter 28 of the Grandview Code of Laws. For applications and more information on liquor, cigarette, massage therapy and taxi/limo licenses, call the City Clerk’s Office at (816) 316-4811.

Dog and cat licensing is not required in the City of Grandview. Current rabies vaccinations, however, are required. Information on low-cost rabies vaccinations can be found at the Animal Control Services page on this website.

If you are wanting to start a business in the city of Grandview, the Business Development Assistance Directory will guide you to the right City staff member.

Special Event Permits

 "Special Event" includes any outdoor event of limited duration on city-owned or private party, open to the public, with or without an admission fee, held on a one-time, occasional or annual basis, including festivals, block parties, rallies, dances, shows, carnivals, circuses, concerts, or similar events.

A Special Event Permit Application

Building Permits and Other Permits

Building permits are required for any new roof covered structure over 30 square feet of floor area in size. For example, permits are required for the addition of sheds, garages or carports, patio & deck covers, porches, room additions and basement finish projects. In addition, a building permit is also required for swimming pools and some hot tubs. A building permit is not required for the installation of residential driveways, however, there are standards that need to be met and a Public Works Improvement Permit may be required. Building permits are also required for commercial or industrial construction, remodeling, and additions.

Residential property owners may obtain any and all permits for projects on their property once they sign a statement that states:

1. They own the property
2. They live at that property
3. They are doing the work

If any of the above does not apply, the permits must be obtained by a licensed contractor, licensed in the City of Grandview, in their field of expertise.

To obtain a building permit, the owner or the contractor must complete a building permit application in the Community Development Department located inside Grandview City Hall. The office is open from Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM. For more information, call (816) 316-4825 during regular business hours.

A site plan may also be required. The site plan must show the location of structures or additions, its distance from property lines, and the dimensions of the structure. The easiest way to come up with the required site plan is to run a copy of an existing legal survey or mortgage report through a copy machine and sketch the location of the structure and its dimensions on the copy.