ASSISTANT CITY ADMINISTRATOR
Grandview City Hall
1200 Main Street
Grandview, MO 64030
Phone: 816.316-4800 Fax: 816.763.3902
Kirk Decker assists the City Administrator in a number of administrative and financial areas, including:
- Coordinates the annual budget process and publishes the annual budget, which has received the Distinguished Budget Award from the Governmental Finance Officers Association for the past several years.
- Serves as the City’s representative on the Mid-America Regional Council Insurance Trust Board of Directors, which administers the insurance pool for cities, counties, and school districts around the state, handling property and casualty, workers’ compensation, and health insurance.
- Represents the City on the Little Blue Valley Sewer District Technical Committee, which serves the Mayors Advisory Board and Board of Directors for the district, which provides sewage treatment for the cities of Belton, Blue Springs, Grandview, Independence, Kansas City, Lee’s Summit, Raymore, Raytown, and Sugar Creek.
- Acts as City Administrator in his absence.
- Plans and implements annual Capital Improvements Program (CIP).
- Serves as Safety Coordinator and oversees Loss Control program.
- Provides financial and administrative support to the City Administrator and various departments.
- Analyzes the effectiveness, efficiency, and cost of various programs and operations at the direction of the City Administrator.