Building Services inspects and issues permits for all electrical, mechanical, and plumbing construction. Staff administers the adopted, building, electrical, mechanical and plumbing codes as well as the City's own Minimum Building Preservation Code.

  • Reviews residential, commercial and industrial building plans to ensure compliance with all applicable building codes 
  • Issues building permits 
  • Issues other permits such as signs, banners, mechanical, electrical, sewer and plumbing 
  • Inspects structures under construction to ensure they are being built to the applicable code requirements 
  • Administers the minimum building preservation codes for all structures 
  • Responds to and investigates all complaints received regarding potential building code violations

Obtaining a Building Permit

Permits must be obtained by a licensed contractor, licensed in the City of Grandview, in their field of expertise. The owner, or contractor, must complete a building permit application webpage and submit to the Community Development Department at City Hall. Property owners may obtain any and all permits for projects on their property once they sign a statement that states: 

1. They own the property 
2. They live at that property 
3. They are doing the work 


International Codes Used Today
  • 2012 International Building Code
  • 2012 International Residential Code
  • 2012 International Fire Code
  • 2012 International Energy Conservation Code
  • 2012 International Plumbing Code
  • 2012 International Mechanical Code
  • 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
  • 2012 International Existing Building Code
  • 2011 National Electrical Code