The following are inspections required prior to the issuance of a certificate of occupancy, which is needed before a dwelling can be occupied. Simply call the Building Services Division 24 hours prior to when you want an inspection made.
- Footing inspection after the rebar has been placed and prior to the pouring of concrete.
- Foundation-wall inspection after the rebar has been placed and prior to the pouring of concrete.
- Ground rough plumbing inspection prior to the pouring of the concrete floor or the placement of the sub-floor in the case of a crawl space.
- Sewer connection prior to backfilling the trench.
- Rough-in inspection prior to the placement of insulation or drywall. This inspection will include the inspection of the rough carpentry, rough plumbing, rough electrical, and the rough mechanical systems. In addition, if the electrical service, and/or the gas service is ready for inspection we will clear those to their respective utilities. However, if necessary we will provide separate inspections of these services.
- The final inspection, when project is complete, prior to the owner moving in!