Building Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


Building Permit Applications

Building permit applications can be submitted online. Please choose the appropriate link below. 

Incomplete applications will be declined and returned with notes. A new application with corrections must be submitted.

A current City of Grandview Occupational License is required.  In order for the permit to be processed and issued in a timely manner, a valid Occupational License is required.  To initiate the Occupational License application process, please fill out and submit to the Finance Department. 

Click here for Occupational License Information

Click here for more information about Application Types and Fees


Permit Types:

***Home owners, please contact Community Development at 816-316-4817 for requirements on Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing Permits before submitting. 

Electrical Permit Application

Mechanical Permit Application

Plumbing Permit Application

**The BELOW permit types REQUIRE plans to be submitted with the application.

Building Permit Application (Including New Builds, Remodels and Additions) 

Deck Permit Application

Fence Permit Application

Please read Fence Requirements before submitting fence application. 

Pool Permit Application (Includes Above Ground Pools)

Please read Pool Requirements before submitting pool application.

Shed Permit Application

Please read Accessory Building Requirements before submitting shed application.


Questions? Contact Community Development/Building Services at 816-316-4817.