Citywide Garage Sale on May 16, 17 & 18. Call (816)316-4812 to register your address. That way, your address will be included on the garage sale map, which will be posted on this website and Craig's list.
These are sales operated at a residence for the sale of new or used household goods or property. Sample sales are permitted if operated by a sales representative and held at his/her own residence.
LIMITS ON GARAGE SALES:
- You may hold four (4) sales at your home per calendar year, no longer than three (3) consecutive days per sale.
- Attaching signs advertising sales to telephone poles, utility poles, or street signs is prohibited.
- Signs are not permitted to be placed in any public right-of-way, which includes the "common area" between the street and sidewalk and in street medians. Typically, public right-of-way extends eleven (11) feet inward from the curb.
- Be sure to acquire permission from the adjacent property owner before putting any signs on private property.
- Items for sale must be placed in the garage or driveway of a residence. Displaying items in the yard is not permitted.