2019 Legislative PrioritiesThe Government Affairs Committee is comprised of members from the Grandview Chamber of Commerce and the South Kansas City Chamber of Commerce. This joint committee meets monthly on the first Friday of the month (unless noted otherwise) between November and June.
Purpose: To Provice leadership, information and advocacy that enthances the economic environment and represents the political interests of the Grandview and South Kansas City business communities.
- Research, develop, education, and recommend issue positions to the Chamber Board of Directors
- Poll members to establish the legislative concerns and opinions of the Chamber membership
- Annually develop a Legislative Priorities list to reflect the concerns and opinions of the membership
- Sponsor monthly breakfast meetings with local, state, and federal government officials to explore critical issues
- Fully educate members about critical issues and inform members, the general public, and appropriate officials of Chamber positions adopted by Board of Directors
- Sponsor public forums on issues for candidates
- Establish positive, interactive relationships with organizations and elected officials