New Business Contacts
The Chamber can put you in touch with hundreds of people who may become new clients or customers. Some ways to make contacts and network include:
Ribbon Cuttings/Open Houses
The Chamber receives hundreds of requests each year for goods and services to be purchased in our area. We refer Chamber members to visitors, newcomers, businesses and residents over the phone and by mailing out our Chamber Membership Directory and through our website www.grandview.org.
The Chamber works closely with local, state, county and federal government officials to represent business interests.
Facts & Figures
The Chamber serves as a central source of information for members who are seeking community and business demographics, lists, contacts and other resources.
Publicity & Exposure
The Chamber promotes your organization to the public and business community in several ways:
- Free Listing on the Chamber's web site is a way for your business to gain a presence on the world wide web. A link to your own web site is offered at no expense.
- The Business Initiative newsletter highlights member information and keeps you up to date on Chamber activities and committees. Advertising in the Business Initiative allows you to reach 400 businesses and community leaders each month for a low price.
- E-News Updates are sent to over 400 business people via e-mail on a bi-weekly basis with short articles containing information on community and chamber issue updates and upcoming chamber events. These e-mails can be sponsored each week and include logo/website link within the e-mail.
- Chamber Membership Directory lists your business by name and by classification. This publication is distributed to every Chamber member as well as new residents, visitors, local government officials and new businesses.
- Event Sponsorships for Monthly Luncheons, Corporate Challenge, Golf Tournament, Music On Main and Annual Dinner give members an opportunity to showcase their businesses and products to other members.
- Ribbon Cuttings, Grand Openings, and Open Houses are conducted by the Chamber Ambassadors for new or expanding businesses at no cost.
The Chamber is dedicated to improving your abilities to achieve success in your business or professional life. Educational programs are held throughout the year to inform members about current business topics.
Small Business Blog, the Small Business Advisory Council maintains a business blog providing information and resources to small businesses. www.businessmattersingrandview.blogspot.com
ChamberChoice, a group health benefit plan is offered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City and is available through various Chamber member insurance firms.
Bulk Mail Discounts, the Chamber allows members to use our Bulk Mail permit, in return for a small fee and the postage costs, allowing Members to save money on large mailings and learning the advantage.
Constant Contact Discounts, through the Chamber partnership with Constant Contact, offering small businesses and not-for-profits email campaigns, newsletters and marketing at a reduced rate.