NOTE: GRANDVIEW MUNICIPAL COURT HAS BEEN POSTPONED THROUGH MARCH 27. CASES PREVIOUSLY SCHEDULED FOR PAYMENT AND PROBATION CLASS REVIEWS HAVE BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY APRIL 17 AT 3:00PM.
CONTACT COURT FOR NEW COURT DATES.
Note: Any payable offense will be listed on your citation and may be payable without a court appearance.
Request for Continuance
MUNICIPAL DIVISION CLERKS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ISSUE CONTINUANCES. ANY CONTINUANCE REQUEST MUST BE MADE IN WRITING AND FOLLOW THESE DESIGNATED GUIDELINES:
- Must be requested no later than the Wednesday prior to the court date.
- May be requested in writing by completing a request continuance form.
- May be requested in person during regular business hours by completing the continuance form, you will be contacted with the decision of the judge.
Mandatory Court Appearance Offenses
The violations below REQUIRE you to appear on the date written on your ticket:
- Speeding 20 miles per hour or higher over the limit
- Careless driving
- Any accident
- Any drug/alcohol offense
- Driving while suspended/revoked
- Allow unlicensed driver to drive
- Fail to yield to emergency vehicle
- And any other violation that is not listed as payable
PROPER ATTIRE MUST BE WORN AT COURT SESSIONS: NO SHORTS, NO SLEEVELESS T-SHIRTS, NO HALTER TOPS, NO FLIP-FLOPS.
A subpoena is a legal order to appear in court at a specific date and time. Subpoenas are only issued when a defendant pleads not guilty and wishes to have a trial. The court may issue subpoenas to complainants, witnesses and victims at least 5 days before the defendant's court date.
Only the Municipal Court Prosecutor may dismiss pending charges.
If a complaining witness or victim wishes to have charges dismissed, an appointment must be scheduled by contacting the Prosecutor's office between 12:30PM-4:00PM Monday-Friday at (816) 316-4955.